WHEN Saturday, May 14, 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.
WHERE Rose City Nazarene Church parking lot, across the street from Safeway at 7016 NE Sandy Blvd.
GET INVOLVED! If you have been looking for a way to get involved in our neighborhood, but don’t have a lot of time to commit, this may be the event for you! Volunteers needed! Shifts are 3 hours long and scheduled from 8am – 11am, 10:30am -1:30pm, and 1pm – 4pm. You are welcome to sign up for more than one shift. Shift leaders and volunteers are needed for: Yard Debris/Wood Waste; Metal; Bulky Waste; Greeters/ Cashiers, Traffic Control, Plastics, You Price It and Rebuilding Center & Community Warehouse. As an added bonus, all volunteers get to bring a load to the Clean Up for free and get first pick at the You Price It tent. Please e-mail email@example.com and specify your top three preferences, in order, for the area and shift(s) for which you would like to volunteer and whether you are willing to be a shift leader. Please respond quickly as time slots are filling up. Whether you were a star at a previous cleanup or this is your first time, we’ll be happy to see you!
$8 per car load
$15 per small pickup/SUV load
$20 per full-sized pickup/van/SUV load
$30 per pickup truck plus trailer load
We will accept:
- Bulky waste (furniture, mattresses, etc.)
- Yard debris and wood waste (if it cannot be recycled curbside)
- Appliances and scrap metal
- Tires ($3 with rims, $2 without rims)
- Reusable household items for our “You Price It” area (leftovers will be donated)
- Reusable building supplies
We will not accept:
- Hazardous wastes or explosives (including paints, fluorescent light bulbs, batteries) Call (503) 234-3000 for information on disposing these items.
- Rocks, ashes, sod or concrete
- Commercial landscaping or construction debris
- Electronic waste such as TVs, computer monitors, CPUs, VCRs (www.oregonrecycles.org)
Special thanks to our event sponsors and partners:
Portland Office of Sustainable Development
The ReBuilding Center