Come join the neighborhood and help clean up the Scott School. On August 23rd from 9am to Noon. Coordinated by Chris Adams-Brown and Dawn Joella Jackson. Please bring gloves, rakes, shovels, hoes and wheelbarrows with you.
THIS SATURDAY, JULY 19th from 9am to 4pm
Looking for a great find? A precious needle in a haystack? Well, it’s almost here! The 2014 Roseway Neighborhood Garage Sale.
29 homes throughout the Roseway Neighborhood are participating this year with loads of great items
For those shopping at our garage sales:
You’ll find a printable map and address listing for each house as well as a general listing of what each home might be selling. The sale will start at 9am and go until 4pm (or the home owner sells out!) Click and print the link below
For those more tech savy, you can click on this link below on your home computer or Google Map enabled device (iPhone, iPad, Android phone or Tablet, etc) It will open a map and listing of each home on your smart device.
View 2014 Roseway Garage Sale in a larger map
The deadline to submit forms for the Roseway Garage Sale ended today. Thank you to everyone who submitted your forms! Below, you can find printable signage for your sale, but we suggest if you really want to attract buyers, pick up some florescent neon signs and write in big bold letters and post in conspicuous areas like major cross streets.
For our sellers – Here are some tips for a successful, fun and SAFE garage sale
- Clearly mark the price of each item. (Printed stickers from retail stores, like Target, are very effective)
- Price items to sell. Remember buyers are looking for a bargain and you don’t want to have items left at the end of a day.
- Signage is important. Spend a little time making quality signs that are clear and easy to read and Remember to take them down at the end of the day…don’t leave them up.
- Organize your merchandise. Use tables, stands or whatever you have to provide shoppers a clear visibility of your items.
- Remember you are inviting the public into your space. Don’t leave money in the open. It’s also probably best to not allow strangers into the house to use the bathroom. Direct them to the nearest public restroom (Safeway, Albertsons, etc)
- Protect yourself from sun and heat. Stay Hydrated!!
- Never leave your sale unattended.
- Involve your children but keep them protected from the sun and strangers.
ADDRESS MAPS WILL BE AVAILABLE THURSDAY MORNING. We are still compiling all the addresses and imputing them into a map format. Please check back Thursday morning the 17th.
Good luck and happy garage sales!
Several months ago our committee on re-branding set out to survey as many Roseway residents as were willing. Several hundred participated and provided information on their demographics, household and other questions about diversity and open ended questions regarding their general feeling about our neighborhood. Posted below is a link to the full PDF of survey respondents. The Roseway Neighborhood Association will be evaluating the data to better help guide our future direction of the board and to better understand what topics and issues are important to you, our fellow residents. We plan to have more information at our October neighborhood meeting as well as in future newsletters.
Come out to the 72nd avenue park block (between NE Beech and NE Failing) to join the Roseway Neighborhood Association for some free shaved ice, conversations and music! The band, “Josh’s Junction” will strike up some bluegrass/folk music at 6:30pm and we’ll begin the meeting at 7pm.
Come on out on Tuesday July the 8th and join the festivities! All are welcome!!