The Roseway neighborhood is looking to develop a more cohesive image. You’ll hear more about this in the coming year, but we want to start with some basic input from YOU.
Please take 5 to 10 minutes to fill out this survey. Pass the link on to others you know in the neighborhood.
Maps have been updated with additonal sales!!!
THIS SATURDAY, AUGUST 17th from 9am to 4pm (no early birds please!!)
It’s almost here! The 2013 Roseway Neighborhood Garage Sale.
32 homes throughout the Roseway Neighborhood are participating this year with loads of great items for those shoppers looking for a great find.
For those shopping at our garage sales:
You’ll find a printable map and address listing for each house as well as a general listing of what each home might be selling. The sale will start at 9am and go until 4pm (or the home owner sells out!) Click and print the link below
2013 Printable Garage Sale Map (updated)
For those more tech savy, you can click on this link below on your home computer or Google Map enabled device (iPhone, iPad, Android phone or Tablet, etc) It will open a map and listing of each home on your smart device.
Click Here on your Google Maps enabled Smart Device (updated)
For our sellers – Here are some tips for a successful, fun and SAFE garage sale
- Clearly mark the price of each item. (Printed stickers from retail stores, like Target, are very effective)
- Price items to sell. Remember buyers are looking for a bargain and you don’t want to have items left at the end of a day.
- Signage is important. Spend a little time making quality signs that are clear and easy to read and Remember to take them down at the end of the day…don’t leave them up.
- Organize your merchandise. Use tables, stands or whatever you have to provide shoppers a clear visibility of your items.
- Remember you are inviting the public into your space. Don’t leave money in the open. It’s also probably best to not allow strangers into the house to use the bathroom. Direct them to the nearest public restroom (Safeway, Albersons, etc)
- Protect yourself from sun and heat. Stay Hydrated!!
- Never leave your sale unattended.
- Involve your children but keep them protected from the sun and strangers.
Click below for a printable garage sale sign
Garage Sale sign
Hello Roseway Residents – If you still want to participate in the annual Roseway Garage sale, you still have time. To participate, simple mail your check for $5 to:
Roseway Garage Sale
C/O Central Northeast Neighbors
4415 NE 87th
Portland, Oregon 97220
Also, email your address to frostypauly @ yahoo.com so that you can be added to the map and listing.
We have already booked advertising space in the Hollywood Star and will be posting information on Craigs List as well. The garage sale date is Saturday August 17th from 9 to 4. Maps and info will be posted a few days before the event on this site.
Join Sen. Jackie Dingfelder, Rep. Michael Dembrow and Rep. Alissa Keny-Guyer as they co-host their annual rolling bike town hall. Since they biked through SE Portland last year, they’ll ride through the Beaumont-Wilshire, Cully, Roseway, Madison South and Montavilla neighborhoods of NE Portland.
Stops along the route will include a look at the new “road diet” on NE Glisan St., information about the Audobon Society’s Backyard Habitat Certification program for homeowners, a Hacienda CDC bike project sponsored by the Community Cycling Center, a neighborhood intersection repair project, and community-based improvements at local elementary schools.
Meet at Wilshire Park (NE 33rd/Skidmore) at 10am. Ride will begin at 10:30amand end by 1pm at Milepost 5 (850 NE 81st Ave).
On Tuesday, July 9th, Roseway Neighborhood Association will be hosting it’s monthly meeting outside and serving up free ice cream. Come to the 72nd Avenue Park Blocks between Failing and Beech starting a 7pm. Bring a lawn chair. We’ll be hosting speakers from our community. See you then!